After theoretical and comparing analysis, it can be stated that:
1. DNA analysis in crime scene investigation is very new method, so it still has to be improved.
2. It’s quite easy and fast to find a criminal because of DNA databases, a criminals tend to repeat their acts after coming out of a prison. DNA database has a very important role in investigation.
3. DNA can be found in very different places in a crime scene. Also it can be in different forms – saliva, hair, skin, sweat and more. So if it’s possible not to leave any fingerprints, it would be very hard not to leave any traces of DNA. But not always investigators are capable to find all possible DNA traces because of lack of technology or scientific discoveries in this field. Also not all countries can afford expensive equipment.
4. DNA is as unique as fingerprints. Difference is that some part of DNA is common for blood relatives (partial match) but fingerprints are completely different even for blood relatives. DNA in some cases can determine that crime was dome by a relative of a suspect, when fingerprints can’t do that.
5. In some cases DNA has a very important role, as it’s the only evidence that connects the case with the criminal. Without this DNA examination it wouldn’t be possible to put criminal in jail. So DNA examinations nowadays help solving more crimes and do it right, without convicting a lot of innocent people.
Enter an email address where the link will be sent:
Link to paper: