Tourism in Jekabpils
|Facts and map
|Well known people
|The traditional celebrations
Today I will tell you about tourism in Jēkabpils.
2. I will talk about facts and map, well known people,
3. Jēkabpils has always been the crossroads of Zemgale, Latgale, Vidzeme as well as Sēlija regions. Only the river Daugava has remained unchanged since the old times. The population has decreased since 2003rd year nevertheless in this 2008 year the population is 26000 people. We have the town flag, which is made in rectangular form with two equally width(wide) horizontal lines. One line is black but another – red. We also have the town coat of arms, in which are presented lynx beneath fir. There are special event why the coat of arms are exactly lynx.
4. In our town has grown up and learned very popular people like Akuraters Janis – writer, Berzins Gundars – member of parliament, Dzilindzers Dz.Dz. – director of Dailes theatre, Klementjevs Ivans – olympic champion in Seoul Olympic games and another famous people. Here you can see their pictures.
5. Jēkabpils is the city who cares education thats why we have 5 pre-schools. We also have 2 elementary schools – Jekabpils elementary school and Jekabpils Pole school.
- A Two-day or a Weekend Rest Facilities in Cēsis and Žagarkalns
- Tourism in Jekabpils