National Traditions in United Kingdom
|Facts about United Kingdom
|Does UK have a National Day?
|How do the British celebrate traditional and religious holidays?
|What are Britain’s national flowers?
|What are Britain’s national costumes?
|What are the most common superstitions in Britain?
|Sport structure in United Kingdom
|Administration and funding
|The role of sport in British life
|Sports popularity/Sports media
|Elite level team sports
|Other team sports
I decided to make a project about national traditions in United Kingdom, because I think that we know very little about british traditions. Only things that we know about UK are that british people are wearing bowler hats, drinkig tea and eating fish and chips. Also we know that britains invented football, that scotish men wear kilts and things like these. But what do we really know about traditions in United Kingdom? I think not very much. That’s why I decided to make a project about british national traditions- to learn something new about United Kingdom. My project will tell you about national flowers in UK, about british holidays, national clothes and such things. But as I am a great team sports fan I just could not miss team sport in my project, that’s why a big part of it is about sport. If you’re a sports fan just like me you will like my project, because I think you will be able to learn very much about traditional team sport traditions in UK. But don’t forget- my project is not only about sport.
Facts about United Kingdom
Here are some facts, that you should really knw about UK:
• United Kingdom is a country, that is made of four other smaller countries, theese countries are England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland,
• the capital of United Kingdom is London,
• official language is english,
• joined to European Union in 1973, on the 1st of January, t
• he goverment sistem is constitutional monarchy, where two most important persons are the Queen(Elizabeth II) and Prime Minister(Tony Blair),
• total area of United Kingdom is 244,820 km2, 1,34% of total area is water,
• population is 60,209,500 people,
• national currency is pound sterling(£).
- National Traditions in United Kingdom
- Nationalities and Relationships among Them in Great Britain and Latvia
- The European Union: History, Treaties, Institutions