Neologisms in Fashion Terminology
|2.||The analysis of the secondary sources||6|
|3.||The analysis of the obtained data||13|
The goal of this research paper was to investigate the newly formed words in fashion-related terminology, and give interpretations of their explanations and possible origin. The hypothesis of this research paper was that the neologisms in fashion terminology are widely used in fashion magazines and blogs. After the analysis of secondary sources and the collection and analysis of the data several conclusions have been drawn.
1. The analysis of the secondary sources has revealed that; although, there are many sources devoted to neologisms in general, the empirical research concerning this particular topic is rather scarce, and the investigations that would concern the neologisms in fashion terminology have not been found.
2. The author has chosen corpus-based analysis of the vocabulary and this method has been proved to be effective in the investigation of the collected corpus of materials on fashion from several magazines and blogs.
3. The found neologisms were grouped according to the word formation patterns outlined in the secondary sources and discussed in the theoretical part of this research, demonstrating that the most widespread types of new word formation in the collected corpus was compounding and blending.
4. Together twenty-six unique neologisms were found during the analysis of the 5000-word corpus, which is comparatively many, regarding the fact that these neologisms are formed very recently.
All in all, the research brought interesting results that should be further developed by expanding the gathered list of neologisms. It would be important to analyse the frequency of fashion-related neologisms and the tendencies regarding their usage. As the scope of this research was rather narrow, the amount of gathered and explored texts is small; therefore, it would be advisable to investigate further the neologisms in broader scale and using larger corpus of texts.
- Ethical And Professional Code Of Interpreters At The Court
- Neologisms in Fashion Terminology
- Sightseeing in Riga
Enter an email address where the link will be sent:
Link to paper: