Latvian University Nursing Bachelor's Independent Test in English
7. Giving instructions on drug administration
Complete the following sentences. Choose from the box. Some words may be used more than once.
apply carry chew clean continue dip dissolve inhale
insert lay leave put rub sip spray stick take wear
1. Rub a little of this ointment on his chest each morning.
2. Apply two of these tablets twice a day.
3. Spray two puffs in each nostril twice a day.
4. Rub the cream to the affected areas every morning.
5. Don’t chew these tablets. Swallow them whole.
6. Insert one suppository into the rectum before going to bed.
7. Ask your brother to help you instil (carry) two drops into each ear in the morning.
8. It’s best to leave the patch on your thigh.
9. We would advise you to wear these stockings until you’re able to become a bit more active.
10. You should take this insulin kit with you all times.
11. Just lay the lozenge under the tongue and allow it to dissolve slowly.
12. Make a hot drink and sip it slowly.
13. Clean the wound with tepid water and leave it open to the air.
14. Put one teaspoonful in half a liter of hot water and inhale the steam.
15. Dip the end of the strip into the urine and wait to see if the colour changes.
16. Make sure you continue with these pills until they’re finished, even if you think you’re better.