Neues Museum: Spatial and Functional Analysis
|1.||SITE, OPEN SPACES||4|
|1.1.||CHARACTER OF THE SURROUNDING||4|
|2.||CONSTRUCTION OF THE NEUES MUSEUM||4|
|2.1.||MATERIAL AND CONSTRUCTION CHOICES||4|
|3.||SOLUTION OF THE RECONSTRUCTION||5|
|3.1.||THE NEW MUSEUM||5|
|3.2.||THE NEW VOLUMES||6|
|4.4.||ROOMS OF THE PROMENADE||9|
• By restoring a building, important are not just the interior spaces, but also the site atmosphere. Standing next to the Neues Museum the historical background is present even today.
• DCA had very accurate and sensitive approach in planning the reconstruction of the Neues Museum. Fabrics and ruins are not completely renewed, but they are complemented with a contrasting material, which holds them together and makes them as “whole”. The value of the building is even highlighted after the reconstruction process.
• The Archeological Promenade is a whole different way of exhibition. It makes visitor not just read or see history, it makes him to experience it, by leading through the different spaces and atmospheres – each characterized to the specific time and museum.
• The Neues Museum has gain a new identity after the reconstruction, not by being a ruin, but embodying the excitement of a ruin, that has been captured by the unique approach.
- Analysis of the Film "Bend it Like Beckham"
- Neues Museum: Spatial and Functional Analysis
- The Theme of Family and Home in the English and Russian Proverbs