|2.||History of community policing||5|
|3.||Community policing strategy||6|
|3.2.||Problem solving and prevention||9|
|4.||Community policing officers||12|
|5.||Community policing in Latvia||13|
|5.1.||Community policing and its realisation in Latvia||14|
|List of used resources||16|
• Community policing is the cooperation between citizens and police to develop community trust in police.
• Community policing is police actions when they do their duties according to legal tasks, especially in prevention of crimes and other violations of law, based on the support of the local society, principles of democracy and state of law, observing the norms of professional ethics and providing observation of human rights in acceptable way for the society.
• Community policing has four major dimensions elements – philosophical, strategic, tactical and organizational.
• Community policing is composed of three parts - community partnerships, organizational transformation and problem solving. The aim of these three parts is to create developed community, who trust in police, take part in society problems identifying and find and realise best solutions to problems.
• The developing of policing in Latvia must be looked in close accordance with the international legislation in sphere of policing. It is very important to adopt good practise of policing from other European Union Member States. In this case, formation of close co-operation with foreign police forces play the main role, as well as finding tools of this co-operation, for example, language.
- Community Policing
- European Court of Justice and Human Rights Under EU Law
- The EU Constitution
Enter an email address where the link will be sent:
Link to paper: