Linux Server Operating Systems
|Server operating system features||5|
|Server operating system vs. Desktop operating system||5|
|Windows server OS vs. Linux server OS||6|
|Linux server virtualization||10|
|What to gain from virtualization||10|
|Level of virtualization||11|
|Full virtualization (hardware virtualization)||11|
|Partial virtualization - (OS level virtualization or Containers)||11|
|Linux cloud servers||12|
|Logical cloud server||12|
|Physical cloud server||13|
|Linux server market share||13|
|Glossary of terms||16|
1. To be a server, not just an computer, it does not need to have "server" in the name of its operating system, because theoretically, server is computer that shares resources with client machines.
2. Sever computers can have desktop or server operating system versions but usually they have special server operating systems.
3. Server operating systems are more robust then desktop operating systems, mostly because they are made to deal with far more incoming connections and issues then Desktop operating systems
4. One of the main differences between server and Desktop operating systems are user interaction and interface tools, because servers don’t have need for applications as photo editors or many internet browsers
5. Difference between Linux And Windows server operating systems are that Linux uses less storage on RAM, uses less disk space for installation, it costs less the Windows.
6. Linux Operating System is supported by open community developers who help to make it better while, Microsoft Windows servers are backed by experienced and well trained developers.
7. .Although in many ways server operating systems are much more sophisticated than the desktop computers, they are not necessarily as user friendly, so you really have to understand what you're doing, because if you mess up, it can be more difficult to get back where you came from.
8. Linux Distribution is an operating system made as a software collection based on Linux Kernel.
Enter an email address where the link will be sent:
Link to paper: