Consumables in Business Correspondence in English
2. Express your positive feeling about writing the letter. Then explain how long you have known the person and what your relationship has been (supervisor, teacher, co-worker).
• I am delighted to be called upon as a reference for John Doe. I first became acquainted with Mr. Doe in 1992, when he joined the development group I supervised.
• It is a pleasure to recommend John Doe as a sales supervisor. Mr. Doe has worked directly under my supervision for the past eight years.
• I am pleased to comment on Ms.Steven's performance as a secretary. I have known Ms. Johnson since our graduation from State University in 1993, when we both started work at the Doe Corporation.
• I have been Mr. Doe's employer for more than two years, and I can recommend John for your consideration, confident that his character and scholarship measure up to your university's high standards.
• As a former employee of your firm with some understanding of your needs, I am pleased to add my personal assessment of Ms. Doe's qualifications.
• It has been a pleasure to be Mr. Doe's supervisor since 1990.
• I have no hesitancy in writing a letter of recommendation for Mr. Doe, a superb mechanic.