|2.||Legal liability in Latvia||4|
|3.||The meaning of word Crime||5|
|4.1.||Categories of offence||6|
|4.2.||Types of offenders||7|
|4.3.||Explanation of pedophilia||7|
|5.||Problems to get know how many children are victims||9|
|7.||Liability about sex abuse||11|
1. Pedophilia is an ongoing sexual attraction to pre-pubertal children.
2. There are two categories of offense: sex-pressure offense and sex-force offense.
3. It is difficult to estimate how many children are victims of sex offenders because Many children do not report their abuse to their parents, who then may or may not contact the police.
4. Children are often silent about abuse, because they experience fear regarding consequences for the family.
5. Children are often abused by family members.
6. Male children who are abused by adult males also experience concern that they will be perceived as homosexual.
7. In Latvia there is only about 10% of cases which are known to law enforcement agencies, social services and custody courts about sex abuse of children.
8. Punishment about this crime is inadequate. The law on sexual acts with a person under the age of 16 provides for imprisonment of up to five years or temporary imprisonment, or forced labor, or a fine with or without probation supervision.
- Analysis of Article 38 of the International Court of Justice / Starptautiskās Tiesas 38. Reglamenta analīze
- Homosexuality and Pastoral Care
Enter an email address where the link will be sent:
Link to paper: